Alex Simon, the AAUP, Alaska, Academic Freedom



The following from Alex Simon, who has rejoined our faculty after several years in Alaska.


   Thanks for the invitation to blog. I will definitely join the local AAUP chapter.  Here is the original article which resulted in me having a very public confrontation with Chancellor Pugh over academic freedom. I am convinced that without a union I would have been fired.



Here is an editorial that AAUP Secretary Gary Rhoades wrote in response to the legislator’s threats to cut university funding:



And here is an article which appeared in Inside Higher Education regarding the confrontation I had with Pugh regarding academic freedom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A REPORT ON THE UVU “FINAL INVESTIGATION REPORT”: THE CASE OF PROFESSOR MICHAEL SHIVELY

Statement on the Suspension of Professor Mike Shively at UVU

Begging the DEI Question